With music and art guiding the way, dive deep into the heart of Balinese culture and history. Through personalized learning experiences, endearing local interactions, and a chance to explore your own creative talents, discover the hypnotic beauty of the “Island of the Gods.” As you traverse from the cliffs of a spiritual ceremony overlooking the sea to the earthen floors of a traditional homestay, Bali’s spiritual connection with nature will unveil itself in a transformative experience you won’t soon forget.
- Tour the highlights of Bali
- Experience how music, dance and art are entwined in all aspects of Balinese daily life
- Help out with a local NGO working to improve the educational opportunities for marginalised kids
- Try your hand at organic rice farming and learn to drive an ox-cart
- Visit a local market and try Balinese cooking
- Snorkel and kayak some of the region’s most beautiful coral reefs
- Discover what Balinese culture has to offer
- Examine and compare art from different cultures
- Investigate and compare the evolution of different techniques of art
- Explore communication through visual, musical and movement means
- Experiment with diverse media and artistic techniques
- Produce a body of artwork
- Gain real life understanding of artistic expression through painting, photography, sculpture, textile design, music and dance.
- Consider role of the arts in the history and cultures of the Balinese and enrich students’ horizons.
- Encourage students to challenge their own creative and cultural expectations and develop analytical skills while working towards proficiency and confidence as art makers.
- Through inquiry, investigation, reflection and creative application, students develop an appreciation for expressive and aesthetic diversity. Gain confidence, enthusiasm and a sense of achievement in the practise of their chosen art format.