MAIN SUBJECT FOCUS
Environmental Systems and Societies
- Gain real life understanding of issues concerning sustainable development and how the Earth’s resources are used.
- Consider their own relationship with their environment and the significance of choices and decisions that they make in their own lives.
- Develop a sound understanding of the interrelationships between environmental systems and societies, to evaluate the scientific, ethical and socio-political aspects of issues.
- Tour the highlights of Bali.
- Learn about the impact of development and tourism on marine environments.
- Help out with a beach clean to make an immediate impact.
- Try your hand at organic rice farming and learn to drive an ox.
- Visit a local market and try Balinese cooking.
- Snorkel and kayak some of the region’s most beautiful coral reefs.
- Discover what the ocean has to offer.
- Students examine the impact of development on the environment considering issues such as environmental pollution and resource depletion.
- Students explore ways in which we may change the nature of future development to make it more sustainable.
- Students discuss and debate how the environment can have its own intrinsic value.
- Students discuss the perceived vulnerability of coral reefs and their relative value in contributing to global biodiversity.
- Demonstrate their growth with performances after returning back to school.